Now, before we start, please answer the following questions:
- The domain is more than 60 days old;
- The domain was not transferred between registrars within the last 60 days;
- The domain is “Unlocked” for transfer (“Registrar Lock” is disabled).
Preparing your domain for transfer
- Unlock your domain. Click the green locked padlock icon to the right of your domain. You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to unlock the domain. Say yes. The green padlock icon that appears will flash yellow to indicate that the domain is unlocked and ready to transfer. To verify this, select the “Details” drop-down list, then look for the Domain Lock section. The switch should be in the offsetting.
- Grab an authorization code (aka EPP key) to provide to your new registrar. From Domain Management, click the drop-down list and select “Get Authorization Code”.
- A window will pop up with your key listed under “Auth Code.”
Enter your domain name and Authorization Code (you already got from Namecheap)
And complete your order.
Initiate the transfer
In another tab or window, connect to your new registrar and begin the process of transferring over your domain. When asked for your authorization code, copy and paste the code you revealed in the previous step.
Once the transfer is confirmed at the new registrar, it will transfer about 5 days later. You can accelerate this process once the transfer is confirmed at the new registrar by returning to the “Registrar Transfer” area and clicking “Approve Transfer Out.”